Particularly in trains there are special requirements for safety - even in the smallest detail. For example, the regulations on fire protection according to DIN EN 45545 and the ASTM standards play a major role for the railway industry. In this area EMKA provides its railway customers with complete systems consisting of closures, hinges, sealing and accessories which comply with the sectors' standards. In addition, there are seals for the interior and exterior area, which are integrated in a well thought-out closure programme for the railway industry.
EMKA offers a comprehensive product range of locking solutions for the railway sector from one single source. Our portfolio is characterized by its modular design, versatility and high quality. The highest standards are guaranteed by excellent manufacturing know-how and by our certified process controll according to ISO 9001.
EMKA set the benchmark for the railway sector, especially correponding to the relevant standards such as EN 45545 „railway applications – fire protection of railway vehicles“. Our products increase safety by visually indicating the closed position of doors and flaps, thereby preventing errors during maintenance.
The wide product range of EMKA comprises outdoor as well as indoor applications for railway vehicles. Well-known manufacturers such as Alstom, Bombadier, Siemens, Stadler, Voith or Vossloh have been among our customers for many years.
As a long-time system-partner of the railroad industry EMKA is constantly working on new and innovative products.
EMKA's locking solutions for railroad stand out due to its modular structure, versatility and high quality. The EMKA locking systems comply with the special requirements of the railroad sector and meet the relevant standards. In addition, EMKA provides individual special solutions that arise in dialogue with the customer.
- Application: Locking system for machine rooms and powerpacks in rail vehicles
- Multi-point locking system with compression latches for combination with swinghandle for profile half cylinder or KABA to ensure high break-open security
- Version completely stainless steel suitable for thick-walled fire protection applications with direct exposure of the flame to the multi-point locking system (room closure according to DIN 45545-3)
- Number and position of locking points at customer's choice!
- Variable spacing of the locking points for optimum distribution of the closing forces on the frame side
- Easy to service, as up to 5 locking points can be operated simultaneously with just one drive
- Each locking point of the compression latches has 6 mm of compression path
- A large selection of various versions in different numbers and positions of the locking points is already available If the version you require is not included, we will manufacture your multi-point locking system to your dimensional specifications
Compression latch square 8
with OPEN - CLOSED indicator
- Compression latch square 8 with marking
- Pickled and passivated, Stainless steel AISI 316
- Compression value 6 mm
- The OPEN/CLOSED imprint is wipe-tested in accordance with DIN EN 62208 ch. 9.3 and DIN EN 61439-1 ch. 10.2.7
- Shock and vibration tested in accordance with DIN EN 61373
- Fire protected in accordance with DIN EN 45545-2 class E20
|Components in our product database
|Compression latch square 8 with OPEN - CLOSED indicator
- Visual opening indicator clearly visible due to 90° open flap when uncompressed
- The flap closes automatically when compressed Integrated dust cap
- The flat seal cushions the flap and prevents damages to the door
- Standard cut out program 1500
- Space-optimized, solid hinge for vehicle rampsand flaps
- Economic structure and design
- Integrated 3D adjustment with comfortable settings by eccentric discs
- Right and left usable
- Concealed hinge with low mounted height
- For commercial vehicles
- Opening angle 90°
|90° 3D Hinge
- High quality gear hinge
- Economic structure and design
- Compact construction
- Concealed, not visible
- 180° opening angle
- Right and left usable
- For doors / flaps up to 40 kg (4 hinges)
- System related, small clearance
- Fixing function optional
|180° Gear hinge
- Protective housing and cover made of stainless steel AISI 316
- Resistant to non-oxidizing acids
- Resistant to pitting corrosion
- Particularly suitable for outer pannelling
- With foamed sealings
- Spring-loaded flap with latching
- Surface with electrolytic polishing
- IP66 is achieved by pressing the flap into the latching
|Escutcheon with cover
Profiles made of fire protection compound
EMKA processes materials which are certified according to currently valid fire protection standards for rail vehicles.
e.g. according to DIN EN 45545-2, ASTM E1354, ASTM E662, ASTM C1166, BSS 7239, SMP 800C.
Whether the achieved categories fit to the respective requirements or vehicle classes has to be verified for the individual case.
Product advantages of profiles made of EPDM fire protection compound:
- Flame retardant for more safety
- Significant cost savings compared to silicone seals
- Readily customised frames and rings according to customer specifications possible
- Profile geometry also individually according to customer requirements
- Reliable top quality from in-house production in Europe
- Ergonomically designed emergency hammer for applying a high impact energy
- High safety with low risk of injury
- Protected, two-colour, modern design
- Different colour combinations possible due to the 2 shells (handles)
- Low weight due to handle and holder made of flame-retardant plastic