Our new products
Slide shoe for cam
EMKA's new slide shoe for all common steel and stainless steel cams protects the cabinet frame from damage caused by steel-to-stell contact of cam to frame.
Product description / product benefits
- Tool-free assembly and disassembly on all common cams (steel / stainless steel)
- The slide shoe prevents scratches on the cabinet, therefore no paint or material abrasion
- Improved closing behavior and lower closing torque due to its good sliding characteristics
The slide shoe is easily attachable to all common steel and stainless steel cams. Please note: The shoe increases the height dimension (H) of the cam by 2 mm! By using a slide shoe the cabinet frame is not only protected against damages, also the closing torque is significantly reduced due to the avoidance of steel to steel contact– especially with stainless steel cabinets. The same result will be achieved by using the ramp 1000-U858 (Online catalogue page 1C-170).
Clip-in quarter turn for quick assembly without tools
The quarter turn for quick assembly can be clipped in within a few seconds.
Product features at a glance:
- Standard cut out 1000
- Insert part: zamac
- Three standard height dimensions (H) for Polyamide snap-in pins H=18, H=22 and H=24, each for four different door thickness ranges
- Further versions of snap-in pins with regard to the height dimension on request
- Cost saving by tool-less assembly within seconds
- Groundprinciple of this patented solution:
the higher the closing force, the greater the tightness
- Snap-in pin with safety cap for better insolation of the insert
- High IP-protection (IP 69K)
- High safeguarding against overwinding
New locking hinge by EMKA
EMKA solution for the HVAC sector
The new locking hinge by EMKA meets all the criteria for securing big air-conditioning units. By using a height-adjustable hinge bracket, it also makes a precisely adjustable gasket compression possible.
EMKA has based the development of the new locking hinge for the HVAC sector not only on the national and international standards but especially on the RLT guideline 01 of the German AHU manufacturers' association (Herstellerverband Raumlufttechnische Geräte).
When opening the EMKA lock, decompression is effected in two steps: First the door is caught by an integrated, patented impact guard so that the pressure can escape from the vent ducts safely. Then the door is unlocked enabling access to the unit. The door can be closed in only one step, another distinctive feature for convenient handling by EMKA.
Also as a short version! Swinghandle series 1325
Clear form language - ergonomic line. EMKA's 1325 has received the iF product design award. New: the shortest version of the swinghandle. Despite the compacter structure, it provides all the benefits of the long version.
- Variable inserts (round/profile half cylinder, square, triangular, ...)
- Robust due to glass fibre reinforced high-performance plastic
- Spring-loaded handle
- Can be used right and left for within and outside the door gasketing
New wing knob compression latch
Compression latches are increasingly popular for specialist cabinets and enclosures of all types – whether for their anti-vibrational characteristics or for superior sealing, and this new IP65 wing knob format version offers even wider utility. The wing knob design makes it suitable for a welter of low access security, high sealing protection roles where ingress of dust and water is a problem, but where ready access is required for personnel, for example in high security areas.
Our 1000 wing knob compression latch with IP65 rating comes in 2 types, each with a full 6 mm pull-down. The basic form 1000-U882 is adjustable only by use of different cams – its’ companion 1000-U880 however provides extra depth adjustment with a threaded rod which considerably extends the reach to match extra deep doors or frames.
Program 1022 - Quick locking system
The quick locking system is designed for high-strength and high-density applications and thus ideally suited for boxes and flaps. The locking forces correspond to the well-known 1000 programme.
- Cost savings within seconds by completely toolless mounting
- Acoustic and visual control when locking the locking lug
- Locking force up to 250N (correspond to 1000 programme zinc die version)
- Smooth handling (concept related no inner tension)
- high IP-protection (IP 69K)
- self-sealing design for highest protection claims (concept related)
- High safety to prevent overrevving
- Extended capture range/compression of 4.0 mm (1000 programme 3.0 mm standard-cam)
- Reduced scratch tendency at the enclosure frame
- 100% corrosion resistant (completely made of PA6 GF30)
New Clip-in hinge
EMKA developed an ingeniously simple, thereby very cost effective but nevertheless very sturdy hinge. The clip-in hinge is distinguished for reaching a high capacity at axial load of 430 N and it is easy to assemble.
Two identical plastic hinge halves complement each other by simply clipping in to a highly resilient hinge.
By screwing the hinge, the clip-in function is suppressed. The hinge halves are highly resilient interconnected.
- Plastic hinge consisting of two identical hinge halves
- Mounting by plugging the two halves together
- "Pinning" is provided by two spring-loaded pins
- Spring effect is cancelled by fixation to the frame/at the door
- Suitable for supporting high radial and axial loads
- Standard cut out 1056 program
- Completely made of PA6 GF30
- Patent protected
New rod guide for round rods
With the program 1001 EMKA developed a new, efficient rod guide for round rods. The rod guide is designed for 8 mm round rods and can replace the known products 1001-U11 and –U12.
Moreover the installation time is reduced by more than half because of quick assembly. Only plug the rod guide onto the weld stud. Then raise it up. The rod guide perceptibly and audibly locks in place and can be tightened with only a few rotations. After that the rod guide is mounted.
In addition this rod guide is perfectly suitable for raw and powdered weld studs, with the result of a significant optimization of process and cost savings because the covering of the weld stud during powdering is omitted. Corrosion protection remains fully intact.
By simply connecting the rod guide there are two different heights for the common weld stud versions M6 x 16mm & M6 x 20 mm. Depending on the desired height, the lower part is rotated by 90°.
- Intelligent plug-in mounting
- Suitable for raw and powdered weld studs
- Despite the ultra-smooth fast installation of this application the strength of the overall application is reduced in no way
- Completely made of PA6 GF30
- Patent protected
- Cost saving by smooth, completely toolless mounting within a few seconds
- Easy use also on powdered weld studs and corresponding cost reduction / process optimization for the customer as the covering of the weld studs can be omitted during the surface treatment and corrosion protection therefore remains fully intact
- Simplified stock-keeping (1 product for 2 heights)
- 100% corrosion resistant (completely made of PA6 GF30)
Rod guide clip-in type for flat rods 3x14
The rod guide also reaches high grip forces of more than 1.000 N on powder coated weld studs. The doors can be powder coated together with the weld studs completely without special protection of the pins. The rod guide is flexibly pretensioned. For dismantling, the strap is simply lifted out of the thread flanks – simple disassembly. A lug at the rod guide can be used for the fast mounting of the flat rod. The rod guide can be positioned specifically by a corresponding bore in the flat rod. Thanks to the constructive design of the rod guide the flat rods do not rattle. The flat rods do not fall out of the rod guide when slamming the doors with extended rods.
Program 1000 Compression latch „Double Red“
Double security and more comfortable handling when opening and closing cabinets, doors and covers: EMKA Double Red, the new closure with double opening indicator offers all of this. The solution is especially tailored to the numerous storage boxes in caravans. Thanks to the innovative closure technology it is also suitable for additional applications in the sectors of industry and transport.
- standard market storage box locking systems 1:1 replaceable
- 2 clearly visible opening indicators
- locking only in closed position
- shock and vibration-proof according to DIN EN 61373
- compression path 6 mm
Relaunch of chest handle with round cylinder
Due to a strong customer demand EMKA has decided to relaunch the chest handle 1130-U7. Advantages of this product are the flat design and being both lockable and waterproof. The chest handle can be used for the locking of shutters in the most diverse areas (i.a. mechanical engineering, transport, cabinets, etc.).
- Door thickness 1 – 5,5 mm
- Flat design (5,5 mm)
- Retractable handle is applicable left and righthand
- Two bridge clamps, set at different levels
- Applicable for large door thickness area
- Large clamping area (1,5 bis 57 mm) is covered
- Lockable by an integrated round cylinder
Compression latch with visual open status indication
Shock and vibration-proof according to DIN EN 61373
Even from a distance, the open status is visible by a surrounding red ring.
Available with dust cover, which can only be mounted if the latch is in locked status.
Dust cap for high-speed trains
With the cap installed, protection class IP65 is achieved. Material selection meets the high requirements with regard to UV resistance and aging. The holding force was proofed by a wind tunnel testing at 450 km/h over 15 min each from 4 directions. A vibration and shock-test according to DIN EN 61373, category 1, class B (enhanced test conditions) completes the ambitious test procedure
The cap fulfils the highest requirements regarding the protection of the interior locking system. In conjunction with the compression latch with visual open status indication the cap will not lock while the compression latch is open and by this means the unsecured lock is visible at any time.
New: Program 1000 - Stainless Steel Compression Latches for Hygienic Areas
In addition to the well-established quarter turn for hygienic areas 1000-U838, EMKA has now included the compression latches for hygienic areas 1000-U861 and 1000-U862 in its range of products. As in the case of 1000-U838, the components of the 1000-U862 that are outside the appliance meet the hygiene requirements and the relevant specifications of the BGN (German "Berufsgenossenschaft Nahrungsmittel und Gastgewerbe" - statutory accident insurance institution for foods, hotels, restaurants and catering) Furthermore, the compression latch for hygienic areas 1000-U861 complies with these also inside the appliance.
The stainless steel compression latches for hygienic areas comply with the relevant standards for hygienic areas
DIN EN ISO 14159, DIN EN 1672-2, DIN 10516
and meet specifically the following requirements:
- easy to clean surfaces
- maximum possible radiuses, avoiding cracks and nooks, undercuts and open hollow spaces
- optimum fit of the gasketing (on the door sheet metal)
- complies with the IP rating IP 69K
Programm 3500 BioLock swing handle
Biometrical access control system
Access control must not end at the entrace door to the data centre!
Biometrical access control, combined with the proven and tested electromechanical swing handles of EMKA, result in significantly increased security with regard to access control for racks in data centres.
- Indisputable Audit Trail
- Authentication at cabinet level
- Tamper proof event log
- Remote monitoring via network
- For new applications and retrofit
- Quick installation in standard cutouts
Whether single server rack or complete data centre, simple, double or triple authentification or the four-eyes principle - this system stands for ultimate security to protect assets and data.
Program 1317 Swinghandles for Outdoor Applications
Exposure to the elements all year round, vibrations on the roadside or vandalism - outdoor switch cabinets are exposed to increased stresses. To protect theses boxes EMKA has developed the outdoor program 1317.
With its robust swinghandles EMKA provides a wide range of solutions: from the cost-efficient plastic variation up to the high-quality electromechanical lock of zinc die cast. The whole range was developed in the in-house technology centre. With regard to the design the focus was put on the special tightness and increased vandalism protection of the locks. The clearances between handle and dish have been made so small that no screwdriver fits in. In addition, the surfaces are as smooth as possible so that no dirt can accumulate or graffiti adhere to them.
- Single cylinder and double cylinder swinghandles
- 2 cut-outs (2 square 46 x 46 mm cut-outs at a distance of 105 or 130 mm).
- All versions in zamac or glass-fibre reinforced plastic
- In addition to the mechanical version, electromechanical versions are also available for the single cylinder swinghandle
- The standard surfaces are black powdered or agate grey (RAL 7038) with anti-graffiti coating
- Versions for 40 mm and 45 mm profile half cylinders as well as Kaba cylinders are available
- Regarding the electromechanical version, the profile cylinder can be replaced by a blind plug or be used for the mechanical override
- The double cylinder swinghandle is opened by activating one of the two half cylinders (OR principle).
- Thanks to their robust design, the swinghandles in the zinc-die version meet the requirements of “WK2” ("RC2, resistance class 2, protection against vandalism) according to DIN V ENV 1630
- shock and vibration proof according to DIN EN 61373
- protection class IP 65
- Great flexibility regarding price-performance ratio due to the wide range of models available
- tested and approved by Deutsche Telekom
Program 1185 swinghandle for cam or rod control
By this new swinghandle, the program 1185 is complemented through an elegant swinghandle with a flat design in a robust zinc die version. Thus, its use can be extended even to outdoor areas. Due to the use of a cam or a rod control, there are hardly set any limits to the fields of application. Range of application
- Indoor and outdoor cabinets likewise
- Favourable unlocking of the handle by an additional push button
- Additional locking by padlock possible
- Use of rod control or cam possible
- Round cylinder for unlocking the push button to unblock the handle
- Swinghandle has a sealing system for IP65
- Protection against vandalism due to enclosed control elements
Program 1325 Swinghandle with variable locking system
The product program 1325 is the successor system to the tried and trusted programs 1125 und 1225.
The new swinghandle 1325 range will prove itself with its technology advances and superior design quality of EMKA as well as sophisticated ergonomics. All these advantages, combined with functional innovation, such as the locking system which can be exchanged quick and easily, have led to our success with “IF PRODUCT DESIGN AWARD 2013”.
- for the classic cut out 50-50-50 (inside and outside the gasketing)
- bending area 45 x 25 mm
- flat design (30 mm)
- IP 65 (When mounting within the interior using a cap)
- IP 40 (quick assembly by hook mounting)
- variable locking systems
- robust thanks to fibre reinforced high-performance plastics
- smooth running with high operating convenience
- constant pivoting radius, independant of the mounting type
- optimised haptics
- integrated scratch protection to avoid surface damage (handle / dish)
- patented innovative design (award-winning)
180° hinge stainless steel
for Ts 1.5 or 2.0 mm
A lift-off hinge made of stainless steel precision casting with an opening angle of 180°. It is designed for an application with framework constructions for prominent doors with a bending of 20 mm. The hinge is available for door gauges (Ts) of 1.5 or 2.0 mm.
1317 Single cylinder-swinghandle
The new single cylinder swinghandle has successfully passed the WK2 DIN V ENV 1630 test (RC2, resistance class 2 tested). Versions for profile half cylinder (40 or 45 mm) as well as for KABA-cylinders are available. In the electromechanical version the locking cylinder is replaced by a blank plug. During the construction phase previously mentioned locking cylinders can be mounted in addition for mechanical override.
Advantages, customer benefits
- The single cylinder-swinghandle was designed for outdoor use.
- 40 mm and 45mm profile half cylinders as well as KABA-cylinders can be used.
- The handle is sealable and can be used for door gauges from 2 to 12 mm. Swinghandles for other door gauges are available upon request.
- The swinghandle is available with black powder coating surface finish or in grey (RAL 7038) with anti-graffiti coating.
Fields of application
This swinghandle is used for indoor and outdoor enclosures as well as for energy utilities substations.