With the complete multi-point lock made of high-quality plastic, we are launching an innovation for our customers in the field of multi-point locks for control cabinets. All locking components and rods are made of high-quality plastic. However, the flexibility of our system is exciting, because due to a specially developed adapter, our proven EMKA standard locks can also be combined with the system. This enables the use of this multi-point locking system both inside and outside the seal.
Locking components for a wide range of solutions on doors and flaps
Based on this development, we have thus added important components for more flexible use to its previously proven plastic connection rod system. When using a rod control, the plastic rods can also be clipped to all EMKA escutcheons and swinghandles without tools using an adapter. The use of engineering plastic makes the system corrosion-resistant, non-electrically conductive, lightweight, and cost-effective.
• The rod guide can be fixed to the door with M6x10 welding studs or M6x10 carriage bolts.
• The trapezoidal contour of the rod guide and catch ensures that the door closes precisely.
• The locking components are symmetrical, which allows for easy change of the hinge side of the door.
• The plastic rod can be fitted to all EMKA lift handles and combined with all EMKA escutcheons and swing handles with a rod control.
• The plastic components are approx. 30% cheaper and have only approx. 20% less strength than the comparable steel versions.
Complete multi-point locking system inside or outside the seal
At least two catches are usually required on the door frame to install the locks. Since the system can be used on doors from 800 to 2,200 mm in height, it requires more or fewer catches, depending on the size of the cabinet. When considering the door height and the resistance of the door seal, a maximum of 16 locking points can be set at 75 mm intervals. The locking component’s general design enables the symmetrical arrangement of these locking points on the cabinet, meaning, the door can be changed without any difficulties.
A threepoint locking system is used in a locking solution inside the seal. This solution comprises a rod control with a cam in combination with a escutcheon or a swinghandle, as well as a shoe at each end of the rod and a locking plate on the cabinet’s inner frame.